Are we at the cusp of major changes in reservoir and production system modelling? As we enter an era of unprecedented data availability, low-cost computing, and broad application of data science, how do we evolve the practices that we have long trusted to support even better decision making?
The oil industry has entered a new phase after being exposed to lower oil prices in 2014 with the expectations of "lower and longer". This impacted many new developments with respect to pre-2014 times. As a reaction to such an environment, the industry shifted gears in various dimensions, like more constrained/disciplined capital-spending, digitalisation and continued increasing of unconventional oil production. Naturally, this had implications in technology development and research applications.
Some of the key elements to be covered, but not limited, to the following:
- Why do we need the data or computations or "gold-plated" approaches? - The test question: if it was your money would you do it (ask for experiments or extra computations that may be perceived to be not necessary)?
- What PVT means in terms of recovery optimisation and flow assurance
- What are the main obstacles for new technologies and their deployment?
- Why is unconventional PVT different? And does it matter?
- To what extent reservoir fluid evaluation can contribute to the field development plan?- Digitalisation and new approaches - where are we today and what will be the next?
SPE Member Early Bird: GBP 680.0,
Nonmember Early Bird: GBP 780.0,
SPE Member Standard: GBP 800.0,
Nonmember Standard: GBP 920.0
Speakers: Professor Erling H. Stenby, Professor of Applied Thermodynamics Head, Department of Chemistry Technical University of Denmark, John Nightswander, Schlumberger, Simon Andersen, Technical University of Denmark/ Danish Hydrocarbon Research and Technology Centre, Wei Yan, Technical University of Denmark, Ryosuke Okuno, The University of Texas at Austin, Henrik Sorensen, Calsep, Mathias Carlsen, Whitson, Magali Pujol, TOTAL, Tao Yang, Equinor, Diego Sandoval, Daniel Merino-Garcia, Respol, Rasmus Risum Boesen, Calsep, Niels Lindeloff, TOTAL, Francois Montel, University of Pau and Pays de l'Adour, Yun Wang, BP, Raj Deo Tewari-Dr, Petronas, Paul Toplack, Wintershall, Shahin Negahban, University of Kansas, Arwa Ahmed Mawlo, Abu Dhabi National Oil Company, Birol Dindoruk, Shell, Fredrik Saaf, Shell, Knut Uleberg, Equinor, Sander Suicmez, QRI, Dengen Zhou, Chevron, Antonin Chapoy, Heriot-Watt University, Harvey Yarranton, University of Calgary in Alberta
Time: 09:00 - 18:00
Sign up and follow your favorite conferences.