Conference will offer heterogeneous content from different fields of artistic creation (dance, music, fine and dramatic arts, literature and new media). We tend to gather wide international community of artists, scientists, professors, teachers, educators, pedagogues, postgraduate doctorate and specialization students and other academic citizens with a goal to exchange and generate new creative ideas, to present scientific and artistic projects, to exchange knowledge about approaches and innovations in the field of arts and education and to establish cooperation.
Call for Papers
Theme of the ACE 2020 Conference: ART IN LIFELONG LEARNING
The concept of lifelong learning has been present in the society for a long time and for the last few years has developed in the artistic area too, promoting the rights and abilities of individuals to choose and develop their artistic potentials according to their possibilities but not concerning age, talent and capabilities. There are many undeniable, and luckily, publicly recognized benefits of arts: development of young children, better understanding and learning of teaching content in primary, secondary and higher education, enrichment of life experience in middle and older adulthood to third-age learners, and prevention and healing among learners.
The following theme and subtopics, and guiding questions, frame the 2020 conference and these are offered for your consideration. We welcome your presentations in different forms at ACE Conference which will offer some answers, solutions, and insights to new practices and projects guiding the future of art education. Once more we will come together to advance education, transnational partnerships, and human betterment through art and creativity.
Lifelong Learning – conceptual, methodological and practice-based approaches to cultural, historical and philosophical aspects of lifelong learning
- what is lifelong learning?
- defining the concept of lifelong learning in historical contexts
- scientific perspectives of sustainability of lifelong learning in practice
- concepts of lifelong learning in arts
- the roll of the arts in lifelong learning
- does every person has hidden artistic potential that can be expressed at any age?
Lifelong learning in contemporary world
- social changes and their influence on arts and education
- professional competences of educators, teachers and professors; following new trends in arts, learning and education
- stress in educational process – strategies of coping with stress, performance anxiety
- importance of (self-)evaluation of progress in the assessment of success and lifelong learning encouragement
- social aspects of the arts – the arts in everyday life versus arts in virtual world
- influence of learning on personal and/or artistic identity
- art therapy
- artistic creativity and personal development
- influence of science (STEM/STEAM) on lifelong learning in arts
Arts as a medium for creating basis for lifelong learning from kindergarten to post-secondary to community art education
- learn how to learn, methods and approaches to learning and teaching arts
- arts in development of cognitive, emotional, psychological and physical characteristics
- position and roll of arts in the “School for life” reforms of school system in history and today; what have we learned?
- collaborative learning and teaching in lifelong learning through arts
- (interdisciplinary) artistic projects in education and their importance for lifelong learning
- new media in teaching artistic subjects
- importance of teacher/mentor in acquiring habits for lifelong learning
- encouraging creativity within children and young ones, importance of creativity in lifelong learning
- lifelong learning through arts and kids of kindergarten age, approaches and learning methods through arts from an early age
- artistic expression of children and youth with special needs
Lifelong learning trough arts after the formal education
- contribution of professional seminars and conferences in lifelong artistic education and learning
- place and roll of professional magazines/music/film/art/literature/theatre and related sources in lifelong learning and education
- possibilities of lifelong learning in arts through digital? modern technologies
- approaches and methods in teaching arts to elderly people
- art-expressive therapies as an integrative artistic field
- artistic expression of elderly people and adults with special needs
Art, lifelong learning and research trough arts
- a/r/tography and lifelong learning – cultural and historical context
- research through arts – opportunity to connect all participants of educational process
- teacher/educator as an a/r/tographers in the third age of learning
- approaches to artistic project
roll of arts-based research in lifelong learning