This big and magnificent international event, hosted by the International Institute of Refrigeration (IIR), occurs every four years. It will be held for the second time in the last hundred years at the Palais des congrès de Montréal, situated in the downtown core, just a stones-throw from Old Montreal. The ICR 2019 Congress will be held under the theme of “Refrigeration for Human Health and Future Prosperity”, and will focus on the current issues we are all facing: energy saving and energy efficiency, food supply, health, reduction of global warming and the protection of the ozone layer.
The ICR 2019 submission process will take place in two steps. In step 1 (by June 28, 2018), the author will submit an abstract containing up to 150 words. On October 1, 2018, the author will be informed if his/her abstract has been accepted. In step 2, authors of accepted abstracts will be asked to submit a full manuscript by February 1, 2019.
Papers presented at ICR 2019 are published in the IIR Fridoc database. The entire manuscript (i.e. text, figures, tables, references and abstracts) should not exceed eight (8) pages, or twelve (12) for plenary lectures.
The manuscripts should report on original research or on technical developments and their applications. They should contain quality science or technical information. Authors will be required to sign over the copyright of their paper to the IIR, via a Copyright Transfer Policy, in order to complete the submission of their paper. The process of validation and acceptance and/or rejection of papers will be under the authority of the Scientific Program Committee.
Submit your abstract here: https://cm.icr2019.org/users/l...General submission terms
1. Rule of Two One participant can submit up to two papers as a presenting author. There is no restriction of abstract numbers for one participant as a co-author.
2. Language If you submit your abstract in French, you must provide an English translation of the abstract at the same time. You then submit your full paper in French only and make your presentation at the Congress in French.
3. No Commercialization Commercialization in the manuscript and during oral presentation is not permitted. Manuscripts are meant to advance the general state of the art. The congress is not a place to promote sales. If included in the manuscript, commercialization will either be deleted or the manuscript will be rejected.
4. Review Submitted abstracts undergo a blind review by peer-reviewers. Acceptance is based on scientific merit and originality.
5. Presentation Preference While abstracts may be submitted as oral or poster presentation types, the Scientific Committee reserves the right to assign final presentation type in the best interest of the program.
6. Publication In regards to production deadlines, as of June 1, 2019, all presenting authors must be registered and must have paid their registration fees to keep their presentation and manuscript in the program. Authors are responsible for proofreading their abstract before submitting, particularly with regard to general orthography, as well as author names/order and affiliations.Abstract format
The abstract (not including the names, titles, authors’ affiliations) should contain up to 150 words. Do not include Figures, Tables or Pictures. The abstract should include a short background, description of methods, results and conclusions.
Abstracts may be submitted in the following categories.
A1: Cryophysics & Cryoengineering A2: Liquefaction & Separation of Gases B1: Thermodynamics & Transfer Processes B2: Refrigerating Equipment C1: Cryobiology, Cryomedicine & Health Products C2: Food Science & Engineering D1: Refrigerated Storage D2: Refrigerated Transport E1: Air Conditioning E2: Heat Pumps & Energy Recovery S: Sustainable and High Performance Buildings